1. It is possible to navigate a middle school all day in white pants and not get them dirty. It is possible to go get two iced coffees and juggle them across the road to class without spilling on white pants. It is not possible to sit in class and drink iced coffee without spilling it all over white pants. UGH.
2. Kids in college have ridiculous conversations. We had to do an observation for class in the Russell House at USC. The girls behind me were having a conversation about needing a date for something. They deemed Thursday "boy shopping day." That's tomorrow. Boys, watch out. You are being shopped for on Thursday! This is the oddest terminology ever. I never thought like this. The one girl who needed to go shopping was talking to her friend, "I just don't get why I don't have a date. I mean, I talk to guys, I'm outgoing, but they don't seem to talk to me really...blah blah blah." Then her friend reminded her, "Boys do talk to you. You're just always wasted, so you don't remember." Say whaaaa? Okay, I know we've all been there, but I swear I never had a conversation like that and I for sure never said I was going boy shopping. To wrap it all up, the girls started making those sounds that you make when you aren't drunk but are talking like you are--it comes out like a bunch of sounds really which ends in giggles. This was the weirdest conversation and made me so happy to be 29 in grad school and not 20 in college.
3. It is possible to be so tired/stressed that your body hurts as a way of revolting.
4. A crazy lady could stop you in your driveway while you're trying to back out in the morning for work (which is a very precarious situation if you live on a giant hill) to talk to you about your chickens. That happened this morning. As I was launching up the hill, backwards, I looked back and saw the crazy lady who walks her dog and picks up trash in our neighborhood. She's nice crazy, but still crazy. So, I see her at the top of the driveway and think maybe I was about to hit her. To be nice I stop for her to go by. Then I see she's walking over to my car, I mutter bad words, turn down the music, roll down the window, and she sticks her head in my window practically to say in her high-pitched voice: "You have chickens?" Me: "Yes." "How many?" Me: "5." "Are they a lot of upkeep?" Me: "No." "Do they give you enough eggs?" Me: "Yes." "Do they try to get out of the yard?" Me: "No, you clip their wings." "Will they be more work in the winter?" Me: "Why the hell are we having this conversation at 7:30 in the morning before I've had my coffee and as I'm trying to get to work and why is your head in my window crazy lady!?" Okay, well, that last part didn't really happen, and I did respond with more than one-word responses, but still...really?
5. Homemade chocolate frosting in the fridge becomes fudge. I didn't know this until I pulled out the container of leftover frosting from my sister's birthday cupcakes prepared with a spoon and a plan to console myself after a hard day only to find out that it was hard like fudge. Works for me.
6. And I quote: "It is okay to believe things that are completely incomprehensible and don't go together at all." My professor said that, and I think she's totally right on.
No comments:
Post a Comment