Last night while at Winn Dixie, the checkout lady smushed my tortillas. You know how they normally let the belt run and it magically stops before your food runs up over the scanner contraption. Well, this lady leaves the basket from the guy in front of me on the belt with the thing running, so I look up and his basket is tumbling back across my food and my tortillas were completely folded in half. I was alarmed. Then, the lady is talking to the guy about having a bad day or something and I hear her say, "That's an unusualality," possibly insinuating that such a word is real. Did she mean an "unusual actuality" or what?
Yesterday, I woke up 10 minutes before the alarm went off. I had a nightmare that I had to throw a car battery off the side of Lake Murray, which was huge swimming pool. Before swimming you had to throw this battery in the water with a rope tied to it. Then you were attached to it, and you jumped in after the battery and had to swim back up with this thing tied to you. I woke up thinking I was drowning to find that my head was underneath my pillow. That explains it.
I often get really concerned when my food is rolling on that conveyor belt. Especially if it's milk, or something in a jug. I worry that it's going to hit that scanner thing and tip over. It's not an open container, so I don't know why that worries me, but still and yet, it does indeed.
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading the book Winn-Dixie, and yes, the dog is named after the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you ever took me to a Winn-Dixie store, come to think of it. This is probably why I didn't save that poor dog the other day. Because of the unusualality of you not taking me there. Not really, I just wanted to use that word...