Today I got this email:
_____________________________________________________________________
Hi Everyone,
We're proud and exicted to announce that we've submitted the CELT book ms to the publisher. We're really excited about its contents and are anxious to use the book in courses we're teaching now and in the future. We think you'll be very pleased. Of course, in order to fit page/word restraints, we had to make some deletions of text, but overall the uniqueness of each chapter and extension is preserved. We'll be in touch soon. Please keep your eyes out for a snailmail document; that will be your contract for the work.
Thanks again for your hard work, patience, and endurance.
______________________________________________________________________
Now, people who really know me and get to deal with me on a regular basis know what this email means. It means that this whole thing I had to do called a "research internship" is possibly going to come to fruition. I won't get into it here, but if you've heard me talk about this whole experience, well you just know it was a bit earth-shattering at the time and it occasionally creeps back up on me when I least expect it. Basically, in the big scheme of things, you shouldn't do certain things until you are ready. Like for example, you shouldn't jump out of an airplane until you've had ample training. This internship was sort of like that except my life wasn't in danger, but my sanity was! I didn't have a clue about anything and was trying to write something like I actually did have a clue. I still don't 100% have a clue, but it's a lot closer now than two-three years ago. So yeah, there's a book manuscript that's been sent to a publisher and my name (and WEAK internship research/writing attempt) is in it.
The best part, that gives me the BIGGEST laugh (at myself,) is that the email went to people who I think are famous like Ken and Yetta Goodman, Dorothy Watson, Ruth Davenport, and a bunch of others who are probably important but I couldn't figure out based on their email address.
This whole thing makes me feel weird. I'll just add it to the list of things that I've done/am doing that make me feel weird. The list is long.
No comments:
Post a Comment